Hopi Ear Candles (also known as Thermal Auricular Therapy) is a pleasant and non-invasive treatment of the ears, used to treat a variety of conditions. The ear candles induce a revitalising heat upon the head and ears, which soothes, relieves and relaxes. Hopi Ear Candles are hollow tubes made of cotton, soaked in beeswax, honey and herbs. When lit, the candle acts like a chimney, causing the warm air inside it to rise and creating a vacuum at the bottom. This vacuum gently stimulates the ear, facilitating removal of excess wax and impurities.
What happens during a Hopi Ear Candle treatment?
The treatment is extremely soothing and relaxing, leaving you with a sense of well-being and reduced pressure in the ears and head. A little warmth is felt, and hissing and crackling noises are heard, with a little popping. Most people say that it is a very pleasant experience!
What is Hopi Ear Candles used for?
- Improved hearing caused by excess wax
- Ringing or noises in the ears
- Headache and migraine relief
- Release of a build up of pressure in the ear
- Release of a build up of ear wax
- Relief of sinus problems
- Relief from tinnitus, Menieres disease and ‘swimmers ear’
- Better lymphatic circulation
- Helps snoring problems
- Relief for sufferers of glue ear, rhinitis, colds and flu
- Relieves the feelings of vertigo
- Relief from neuralgia
- Stress relief
If you’d like to book a treatment, please contact me.